Spring 2023 Makeup Trends We Can’t Get Enough of
Spring has *finally* sprung, which means it’s time to revamp our makeup looks for the warmer weather! We have been loving seeing different makeup trends on social media ranging from application techniques to new colors to try out for the spring season. This week in the blog, we put together four of our favorite spring makeup looks that we can’t get enough of!
Underpainting has been all the rage on social media lately as professional makeup artists have been sharing their techniques when applying contour. The underpainting technique consists of applying a cream contour on the skin first before applying any foundation or concealer. This technique can be achieved with our 4-in-1 Foundation Stick Cream-to-Velvet Matte Foundation! By choosing a shade slightly darker than your normal foundation shade, you can contour your cheekbones, nose, or any other part of the face with ease. This age-defying formula helps plump the appearance of skin and boosts hydration for a more youthful-looking complexion.
To try out this look yourself, follow these steps:
- Step 1: After applying your morning skincare, go in with our 4-in-1 Foundation Stick on places you would normally contour (cheeks, jaw, forehead, nose, etc.).
- Step 2: Blend out the contour slightly with a blending brush or sponge.
- Step 3: Now, go over the contour with your foundation/concealer and complete the rest of your routine. The contour being under your foundation and concealer will help blend any harsh lines and give a more natural-looking appearance.
We have been *loving* using heavy blush for the spring season! Using more blush than you usually do allows you to have some fun with your makeup and add a rosy pop of color to any look. Our Skin Perfecting Powder Blushing Act’s in shades Berry Beautiful and Pretty in Peach are perfect to try out this trend. We suggest using our Blurring Powder Brush to apply this blush to the apples of the cheeks for a beautifully blushing look.
Dewy skin has been popular for a while now, but it is here to stay for the Spring and we can’t get enough of hydrated, glowy-looking skin! Whether you are naturally dewy or need to add extra hydration to achieve the look, a lit-from-within appearance is perfect for warmer weather. Some of our favorite products to achieve dewy-looking skin include:
- Lit Mist Illuminating Setting Spray to deliver instant luminosity.
- Go with the Glow Niacinamide Drops to promotes a brighter and more radiant-looking appearance.
- 4-in-1 Cloud Cream Gel-to-Water Hydrating Essence Moisturizer to provide hydration deep into the skin.
- Miracle Mist Hydrating Spray to help brighten, tone, and renew the appearance of skin for a radiant-looking glow.
A Pop of Color
The last makeup trend we have been loving for spring is adding a pop of color to a natural look! Wearing little to no makeup and throwing on a bright lip is a fun and fresh way to get ready for spring weather. Our Silky Pout Creamy Lip Chubbies are the perfect lip pencils for this trend as they give natural flush of pigment-rich color to indulge your pout. Available in four different shades, Blushing Rose, a dusty rose, So Peachy, a peachy nude, Sugar Plum, a soft berry, and Raspberry Sprits, a honey pink, each of our Silky Pout’s will help you give yourself a pop of color on the lips.
**Pro Tip: Silky Pout Creamy Lip Chubbies can also be used on the cheeks to give yourself a monochromatic look!
To shop products mentioned in this week’s blog, or to shop other bestselling multitasking beauty, head to purcosmetics.com