The time of sparkly dresses, countdowns, and full glam is upon us as New Years Eve is right around the corner! The start of a new year is a chance to reinvent yourself and establish goals and changes you want to achieve in the new year. This week in the blog, in honor of NYE, we are going to be giving you two different ways to upgrade your NYE look this year so you can start the new year looking stunning as always!
NYE is the time to get daring with your makeup! We love using this glamorous holiday to try out a new look to ring in the new year. If you are looking to learn how to create a moody smoky eye to rock this NYE, follow the tutorial below using the On Point Eyeshadow Palette in Color “Saturday”:
- Begin with applying shade “Risqué” all over the eyelid up to the browbone and lightly under the lower lash line with a fluffy blending brush.
- Next, with the same fluffy blending brush, apply shade “Walk of Shame” on the crease using windshield wiper motions. Be careful not to drag this color up too high while blending into the crease. Apply the same color on the bottom lash line being sure to blend as you apply as we do not want any sharp lines.
- To add some shimmer, apply shade “Dancing Queen” on the eyelid with a packing motion. This can be done with your finger or with a flat eyeshadow brush. Keep this color on only the eyelid, being careful not to cover up “Walk of Shame” in the crease.
- Let’s brighten the eyes! With shade “Disco Ball” and a small blending brush, apply the shimmery silver color on the inner corner of the eyes and along the highest part of your brow bone.
- To keep this look smokey, we are going to draw our eyeliner with shade “Nightcap” and a liner brush. Carefully press the dark grey color into the lash line, smudging as you go. The more you smudge, the smokier your eye look will be.
- To finish off the eye look, apply one to two coats of our bestselling Fully Charged Mascara Powered by Magnetic Technology to help thicken, volumize and separate the look of lashes for lashes that last throughout the night.
Pro Tip: To add extra dimension and length to your lashes, apply one coat of our Fully Charged Mascara Primer to help enhance the overall performance of your mascara.
Onto the Lips!
While we love having a bright, poppy lip year round, we especially love having a colorful lip on NYE! Using our new Make Your Mark Silky Pout Lip Chubby Duos in shade “Cherry On” (a limited edition shade!) on lips to give a natural flush of pigment-rich lip color. Our Silky Pout Lip Chubbies help moisturize, condition, and rejuvenate the lips for a *perfect* pop of color this NYE.
Set It and Forget It
The last thing you want is to spend time perfecting your NYE look and having it all smear off as the night continues. Using a setting spray, such as Miracle Mist Hydrating Spray, will help refresh, hydrate, and set makeup so you can enjoy your glamorous look throughout the night. Plus, this miracle face mist delivers essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids to help brighten and renew the appearance of skin for a radiant-looking glow to bring in the new year.
If you try out either of our New Years Eve makeup tips, or if you create your own NYE look using PUR products, be sure to tag us @purcosmetics so we can see your looks! To shop more PUR skincare and multitasking makeup products, head over to purcosmetics.com