Makeup trends are a fun way to switch up your beauty routines and try something new! We have been loving the sun bask trend and the latte makeup trends as these bronzy, glowy looks are perfect to transition from summer to fall. This week in the blog, we are going through the details of these two trends as well as how to recreate these two viral makeup looks.
What is Sun Bask Skin?
Sun bask skin is a glowy makeup trend that is inspired by the look of skin that has been basking in the sun on a sunny afternoon. The glowy, golden-hour inspired look can be recreated with makeup as sun basked skin focuses on blush, bronzer, and less-is-more beauty.
How Do I Get Sun Bask Skin?
Because sun bask skin is a “less is more” beauty trend, we want to focus on creating the look of bronzy, glowy-looking skin. This trend can be recreated with minimal makeup to give yourself a sun kissed look:
- Tropical C Brightening Vitamin C & Peptide Moisturizer: Getting your skin prepped with an ultra-dewy skincare routine is a must when getting ready for sun basked skin! We love Tropical C as it is formulated with Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to give dull, dry skin a more radiant-looking appearance.
- No Filter Primer Blurring Photography Primer—Bronze Glow: Next, we suggest applying our super glowy-looking No Filter Primer in the shade Bronze Glow to help mimic a natural-looking glow from the sun.
- Skin Perfecting Powder Blushing Act: To help enhance the look of sun-basked skin, we recommend applying our Skin Perfecting Powder Blushing Act to give skin a sun-kissed look. Available in two different shades, Blushing Act is great to add a natural-looking flush of color to the cheeks.
- Forever Soft Rejuvenating Lip Treatment: The last step to the sun bask skin trend is plump and glossy lips. Forever Soft helps provide a burst of deep hydration to moisturize and condition dry lips for a plumper look and softer texture.
What is Latte Makeup?
Similar to sun bask skin, latte makeup is a trend that is glowy and bronze but adds more color to the eyes and cheeks than sun bask skin. Latte makeup is defined by bronzed skin with tones of browns and tans (such as the colors found in a latte) on the eyes, cheeks and lips.
How Do I Get the Latte Makeup Look?
The Latte Makeup look consists of bronzy skin and neutral-colored eyeshadows that mimic the colors seen in your favorite coffee drink. We recommend the following products to help you get this tanned-skin look:
- 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20: The first step to the latte makeup trend is natural-looking skin! Our 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer is great for evening the look of skin without applying too much coverage.
- 4-in-1 Foundation Stick Cream-to-Velvet Matte Foundation: A major part of the latte makeup trend is bronzer. Keeping with the glowy-skin look, using a cream bronzer is more natural-looking as it blends into the skin. Using our 4-in-1 Foundation Stick in a darker shade than your natural skin tone along the cheekbones, jawline, and hairline will help you get a naturally sun-kissed look.
- 3-Piece Eye Polish Kit: The eyes of the latte makeup trend are smoky with bronzed colors that mimic a latte, which can be found in our 3-Piece Eye Polish Kit! This shimmery kit includes two highly pigmented eyeshadows in shades Malted Bronze and Gilded Copper that give the eyes a sultry shimmer, as well as a cult-favorite mini Fully Charged Mascara Powered by Magnetic Technology for thicker, more volumized-looking lashes.
- Silky Pout Creamy Lip Chubby: The last step to the latte makeup trend is the lips! Apply a thin layer of Silky Pout in a more neutral shade such as Blushing Rose onto the lips for a kiss of color.
To shop more PUR must-haves to recreate the latest trends, or other best selling beauty and skincare to elevate your routines, head to purcosmetics.com