As you know, Fall is upon us which means it’s time to bring back out the vampy lips and darker eyes as we approach the cooler weather. This week in the blog, we are going to be talking about Fall trends that we’ve been loving this season as well as some of our favorite products! From winged eyeliner to darker lip colors, keep reading to find out the Fall trends we can’t get enough of.
From Day to Night Eyeshadow
First up are multicolored lids. This makeup trend is so fun to try out and is something you can try at home! The trend is done by having at least two eyeshadow colors on your eyelid. We recommend using a darker color on the outer and inner corner of the eye with a shimmer in the center for a “halo” eyeshadow effect. This can be done with any of our On Point Eyeshadow Palettes, but we particularly love this trend with our Wednesday palette. To create this trend yourself, follow the steps below:
- To begin, first apply shade “On The Go” all over the eyelid and the crease of your eye with a fluffy blending brush. This shade will act as a base, making other eyeshadow hues easier to blend on top.
- Next, with the same fluffy blending brush, apply shade “Caffeine Please” on the inner and outer corner of the eyelid. Take this shade all the way into the crease, making sure to leave the center of the eyelid bare. Remember to blend this shade in so you do not have any harsh lines.
- Next, for the final part of this multicolored lids trend, apply “Coffee Date” to the center of the eyelid up to the crease. Use a packing brush that has been sprayed with makeup setting spray or use your finger directly to get the most pigment.
- Follow up with your favorite mascara and admire your trendy eyeshadow look!
Very Berry Lips
Next, in honor of Fall is berry colored lips. Rocking a darker hue on the lips as the weather cools down is perfect for a sultry, mysterious look. Our Silky Pout Creamy Lip Chubbies are perfect for this trend as the creamy skincare-infused lip pencil has hydrating ingredients to help condition and protect delicate lips. Blushing Rose (Dusty Rose) or Sugar Plum (Soft Berry) works best to do this trend.
To Wing Or Not To Wing…
We have been seeing cat eyes everywhere this season and for good reason! It seems that a classic cat eye never goes out of style and is acceptable year round. A dramatic or simple wing can elevate any look. Using the On Point Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen for cat eyes makes the winged eyeliner glide on as the felt-tip applicator is more user-friendly for winged liner, but our On Point Eyeliner Pencil could also work in a pinch.
*PUR Pro Tip: If you can’t seem to master a sharp wing no matter how hard you try, using clear tape can help! Use a small piece of tape and gently place it at a diagonal from the outer corner of your eye. Angle the tape slightly upwards for a guide on where your wing should go for mess-free application!
Embrace Your Natural Beauty
We can all agree that we hope that natural beauty stays on trend forever, right?! Fresh, dewy skin is an effortless look and can be achieved with a good skincare regimen and a tinted moisturizer, such as our 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20. Use the following recommended skincare routine to help get your skin looking fresh so your natural beauty can glow through.
- For natural beauty, it is important that you have clean and hydrated skin. Start off with Forever Clean Gentle Cleanser to remove any dirt, impurities, or excess oil from the skin. This cleanser is gentle enough for everyday use as it helps maintain skin’s moisture and plumpness.
- Next, go in with a moisturizer. Remember that the key to naturally glowing skin is skin that is hydrated! Our 4-in-1 Cloud Cream Gel-to-Water Hydrating Essence Moisturizer that provides a deep hydration while it preps and primes skin for makeup application.
- Once skin is prepped and ready for makeup, apply our 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 to hydrate and help correct the skin while providing buildable coverage. This tinted moisturizer is great for natural beauty days as it has a dewy, hydrating finish that enhances the look of your complexion with an added bonus of sun protection.
- To lock in our look, top it off with Miracle Mist Hydrating Spray. This Miracle Mist refreshes, hydrates, and sets makeup while giving you a radiant-looking glow that is the *perfect* final touch for our natural beauty look.
Want to learn more about trends we’re loving and other best selling makeup and skincare? Visit purcosmetics.com to stay in the loop on all thing’s beauty.